Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tomica Auto Club Nissan Skyline Special Edition






A few days ago I flew to Nagoya and as soon as i settled in my hotel, I immediately hit the streets and started my die-cast hunt. Lately I've been drawn into collecting vintage and neo classic models. This is one of the items I bought, a rarely seen Tomica Auto Club Nissan Skyline made out of ANTIMONY. This die-cast is very heavy as compared to other 1:50 scale models. This item is handbuilt and is one of the very few made outside Japan in 1990. Most Tomicas are made in Japan during that time and shifted the production in China. This particular model is handbuilt in TAIWAN. I have never encountered yet any other Tomicas made in Taiwan and this could be one of the few.

My favourite model of the moment, the Tomica Auto Club Nissan Skyline Special Edition

2 comments: