Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sakura VW Beetle, Made in Japan














Ah, the VW Beetle, the most collected die cast car in the world. Almost all the toy and die cast manufacturer has it and this one of the most recognizable vehicle in the world. Even women and kids know what the VW Beetle is.

I bought this car in Japan about a year ago. My intention for this very rare 1 :43 SAKURA die cast was to travel with me but unfortunately the car is a bit too bulky for my travels. I have nice pics of this car with me and we have been to Saipan, Guam, Tokyo and lots of asian cities.

The pictures :)

6 comments:

  1. This Sakura VW indeed a rare model. Haven't heard of this manufacturer and good quality too. Thanks for the info.And nice outdoor pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daniel!

    That photo on the beach was in Guam, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Tire Rack, lends a strong sense of realism for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the tire rack for Y100 in Spanky Market in Nagoya, Osu Kannon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Tire rack is by Dinky toys; I have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. I just acquired a Maserati Bora by Sakura; 1/43 Scale, mint, no box. Any one know what number it was issued under and when it was released? I'll put up a photo of it on my Blog - http://pes-die-cast-toys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete